Saturday, May 30, 2009

when dad is in charge of getting dressed...

Chris confessed last Monday that he sent Will
to my mom's house with sandals and socks on
with his shorts.
I explained that it wasn't an acceptable choice
and asked how he would feel if I made him wear his
sandals with socks.
Knowing that Chris has never been one to sport the look,
I thought that would be the end of it.
To be (sort of) fair, Chris said he didn't want Will to get blisters
(from the sandals he wore the entire time we were
in Hawaii without a problem).
Then I was greeted by this on our way to take a walk with
my mom and Rich on Sat.
The worst part is that my mom thinks it is a great idea
because she doesn't want his feet to get cold...hello?
(for the record, she doesn't sport the look, either)
How about wear real shoes or pants or slippers
or anything but sandals and socks?
Sorry, Will.
Please don't hold these pics against me when you're 15 and
more importantly don't mistake the fact that your geeky dad
and Lulu thought this was a good idea with the truth that it is
never a good idea and never, ever a hip, cool or even smart wardrobe choice.

1 comment:

fiona westover said...

You know that Pemco commercial for Sandle and Socks guy, right?
I love that your mom thinks it is a great solution to cold feet in the summer.