Thursday, July 30, 2009

The prettiest gigantic thing I ever did see...

Before yesterday this was my only break from the heat.
It may look big in the picture but it is about 10 in. in diameter.
I sat my bum on the couch and sweat bullets
while it blew hot air back at me.
But I'm not complaining because it was better than nothing.


We went looking for an A/C Tuesday night with no luck.
Chris has dreamed of owning one for years.
He'd use it in the dead of winter if I'd let him.
But, no one even had sympathy for the large pregnant lady.
They just rolled their eyes (since I was the 3,000th person
to ask them for one that hour) and told me no.

And then Chris came walking up the sidewalk with

this gigantic beauty yesterday afternoon.

His friend Mike Shipley (my hero...)

let him borrow it because he thought I needed it

more than he did.

Uhhh...nicest man ever?

When I say I cried last night because I was so so happy

I am not exaggerating at all. I cried real tears.

(And the tears weren't because we had to use duct tape

and cardboard from diaper boxes in our front window

to get the beauty to work.)

Mr. Shipley is officially my favorite person on the face of the earth.

Chris is pretty great, too for driving all over western wa. to pick it up.

If you need to find me today, I'll be in my room...

with cold air blowing full blast at me!

6 comments:

Jess said...

That is so sweet! Been thinking about you with this heat. You are welcome here anytime, would love to have you guys come play.

katy said...

I am so jealous! Even though I'm not as far along this heat is unbearable for any pregnant gal. Love the stickered belly too!

fiona westover said...

Oh please, Malia, please let me come and read you a bedtime story in your cold bedroom. I'll read you anything you want, Even Dr. Gleason's memoirs.

fiona westover said...

What an invitation! I could hardly refuse but staffing called today to see if I could be on call tomorrow since they are low in the NICU. I gleefully said "YES! I WANT TO WORK IN AIR CONDITIONING!" So, if the heat wave continues, I'll take you up on that offer next week. I hope to be working the next 4 days.

Heidi Bruch said...

H-E-A-V-E-N. Thank God. We will be investing in one or two of those suckers as soon as costco/home depot gets them back into stock. See our blog - WIMPS.

Liz said...

Thank God! Mike has ensured his spot on the bullet train to heaven.