Tuesday, March 9, 2010

remember 10 years ago...

So I went to dinner with my gal pals last night
and we were complaining about the fact that we can say
"remember 10 years ago when blah blah blah..."
Basically it means we are all old and rapidly getting older.
not walker and nursing home old
but way past the "what will you be doing in 10 years"
paper we wrote in high school.
So today I thought I would see what we were actually doing
10 years ago and boy was it ugly.
Yes, megan p. I believe that is you on the right.
We are both wearing plain white t-shirts out on the town. nice.
posing at the RAM
I think Chris was the bouncer that night and
kicked someone we were with out for being under 21.
drama.
we were wearing white sandals with really thick soles
and brightly colored boot leg capri pants
I had red and royal blue.
we all also rocked black lycra/spandex party pants
that zipped up the back.
dressing in Angie's moms clothes in Palm Desert
(not her dress up closet...her real closet)
door chants at Kappa Delta...ugghhh
Court looked like she was 13
and could perform a mean riverdance...
Heidi was really good at looking like 1987
and dancing on tables.
she also really loved Jon
and ate a lot of Top Ramen.
Angie was my big sis and
John McDougall played Santa
and Liz got married (well not quite 10 years ago
but it sure feels like it)

boy were we wedding rookies...

and apparently wearing belly shirts/camisols

to rehearsal dinners was ok?!

we were babies too...

this weekend we found a picture frame

I made Chris for our first "anniversary"

It was dated Oct, 31, 1995.

and it said "I love you, Christopher!"

pretty ballsy.

my boys better not be tellin' girls they love them at 16.

We did a lot of posing back then.

So glad I started scrapbooking in college.

inspires me to start Charlie's baby book.

I will bring the book to dinner next month.

And we will pose for a new photo to add to the collection.

Thanks for the history girls.

I think it will only get more fun.

What will we be making fun of

10 years from now about the pics we are taking these days?

7 comments:

Liz said...

As I said at dinner, I think at 40 we will be looking back at our 30s in awe of how tired and haggard we looked, and will have welcomed an era of acid peels, personal trainers and time and money for a pedicure whenever the mood strikes...I really only speak for myself though, you all still look pretty good!

Jordan K. Foster said...

Wow! I guess Will hiking up his pants the other day made you reminisce about the good ol days, huh? And Angie’s Mom’s closet or Suze Orman’s? Also FYI: If Will or Char Char have any Uncle Swany genes in them, they’ll be telling girls they love much sooner than 16.

Heidi Bruch said...

Thank God for this post - loved the laughs it brought me and will be coming back to it a million times. LOVED those times with my girls and LOVE that you have patience to scrapbook because I do not. xoxo
PS - God pregnancy ages me. Yuck.

Lindsey said...

Priceless...it's been a long while since I have seen pictures of the "old days." :) And way to long since I have seen the people in those pictures. :(

Lisha said...

Aside from the outfits and hair - you all look exactly the same! Not bad if you ask me!!! Beautiful ladies and so sweet that these friendships remain.
And Heidi - come on

Lisha said...

my comment cut off! And Heidi - come on - you are one gorgeous pregnant mama!

Meg said...

I AM DYING! Okay, some I'm thinking the white shirt I am wearing must have certainly been Ryan's, since in that pic we couldn't have been much differant in size. And the wedge flip-flops with the bright capris...so true, I had green and yellow. And I'm sure they were right up to my navel. Cracking up at your camisole/belly shirt....maybe you had a sweater on and just got hot? And black party pants, priceless. Sarah and I were just reminiscing and remember her having a pair of see-thru pants with booty shorts to cover her parts. Totaly hooker, and totally okay ten years ago. God this made me laugh. How did any of us get laid? And Heidi Bruch, you look EXACTLY the same...so shush.