Sunday, July 18, 2010

hippy dippy day

We went to the best hippy, dippy
Strawberry Festival on Vashon Island last weekend.
There wasn't a strawberry in sight
but we were definitely entertained.

??????
chris and I need some free time...


The Vashon ZUMBA group

the king and queen

loved the dog

but this was my fav...
dancing nurses and docs calling themselves
"the inoculators"
they were singing and gettin' their groove on
to songs like
"we give short shots"
and "2, 4, 6, 8 when do we inoculate?"
Vashon has one of the lowest vaccination rates
in the country (made that up but it IS close)
and I thought this was genious.
I've taken care of way to many babies
with preventable diseases.
off my soap box.
mesmerized by every little thing
esp. the pockets full of candy being thrown at him


mesmerized by his first sucker
dipped in rocks, concrete and dirt.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! Is the ZUMBA group accepting new applications? I've been working on some moves that they might be interested in... and I have a great set of tye-dye uniforms.

Lib Stewart said...

This used to be a real favorite of ours unless, of course K2 was selling product and I had to work....and it was blazing hot!!! Does Thriftway still have the drill team with the grocery carts? I can't believe they weren't selling strawberry shortcake!!