Thursday, August 7, 2008

The MOST thoughtful gift

My friend Liz's dad, Mike, gave me the most beautiful and thoughtful present today. The back story is that Henry (Liz's son, Mike's grandson and Will's favorite friend) has called Will "Baby O" since he was tiny. We think it is because that is what came out when he tried to say baby Will. He might be able to say Will now but he is forever Baby O. Liz told me when we got home from our trip that her dad made me something. She said when she first saw it she didn't understand what it was. I knew exactly what it was the instant I saw it. And boy did I cry. Can you tell what it is?

"Baby O"

Mike said that he was walking in Nordstrom when he saw a giant painting just like this one and that the idea just came to him. Now that is a real artist. From now on when people ask me what I would grab on my way out the door in a fire this is at the top of my list. Thank you, Mike for such a treasure! We adore you and your family!

1 comment:

Freeman said...

Malia:
Am glad you liked it (and recognized it for what it was). I thought it would be a nice remembrance for when these two little protagonists were just sprouts. Concerning the fire, I think I'd swing Chris's golf bag over my shoulder first - and then pull the flat screen TV off the wall - but that's just me.

love you guys.