Thursday, October 2, 2008

he's sick and we're tired.

Will has been living with the equivalent of the plague since last Thursday.
He has had 104 degree fevers, diarrhea, barf sessions, 4 molars coming in and a double ear infection which perforated his eardrum last night (they say it's a good thing once it's done)
We have hardly left the couch, much less the house. He has hardly left our laps.
This has been his position of choice (face smached into
our chests) with binky safely smashed into mouth

This is him Sunday night when he was so delirious he fell asleep sitting up in his crib. I woke him with the flash so you can't see but his legs are straight out in front of him and he is out cold.

His binky, which he usually only gets in bed {and when it is convenient for me (like at the mall)}, has not left his lips for 7 days. I don't know how we'll break that new habit.

Not back to normal yet but our first glimpse of his former feisty, fun, sweet self, today.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Poor Will. Feel better buddy.

Heidi Bruch said...

SO sad. Love him and hope he feels better!

Liz said...

I absolutely HATE this. This is not the Will Will I know and I cannot stand it another day. I have been thinking of him and praying for him daily. I have said so many times before that having a sick kid is the worst part of parenting for me, and even though I'm not there in the midst of it now...I feel just as bad as if I were. In fact, are you sure I can't be...I want to get in on some rare Will snuggles! Love our Will - am SO looking forward to his recovery! Aunt Lou