Wednesday, June 24, 2009

creativity

Will's 2 year old check up was last Wednesday.
We really love his Doctor and esp. loved when
he said there were no shots at this visit.
He went through a whole list of how does he/
what does he/just does he's?
Most things I happily checked off the list...
until he asked "how is his imagination?"
I stared blankly for a minute thinking he's 2...
then he clarified.
"Does he color? Does he paint? Does he play dress up?"
The blank stare persisted.
"How about make car sounds?"
Yes...yes he does do that, sometimes.
I finally admitted that honestly I can almost
never get him out of the back yard.
He kicks, shoots, drives, putts, hits, catches, etc. with
the best of 'em (I recognize that this is not a "real" problem).
The dude does not want to play with playdoh,
paint, color, play music or do anything that involves sitting for
an extended period of time.
Well, he "encouraged" me to encourage Will
to do this kind of stuff more often.




























So we pulled out the playdoh...
he stacked it and then KICKED it over.














We showed him a piano straight out of the movie
BIG.
He played it with his face.




















He doesn't really dress up...
but loves dressing down
("naken" in Will speak).
































We may be on to something with these
stacking things that I'm sure my mom
spent a ridiculous amount of money on.

























And then we went to the park today.
And a little girl asked if he wanted to help her make stew.
He stared blankly at her
(not unlike my blank stare at the dr.)
and then looked at me and said
"makin' choc-let cake!!!"
Don't know where he got cake from the invite for stew
but I think that is the creative point.
He obsessed over the cake (and ice cream)
for the rest of our park visit.
Make that one small victory in the Torrone house
no thanks to the parents.

No comments: