Thursday, November 12, 2009

2 months old

2 months old and he is as sweet as he looks in these pics.
stats:
13 pounds 4 oz
24 1/2 in.
he smiles, goos and gaas, loves his fist in his mouth
wakes up once or twice a night to eat, kicks his feet and
waves his arms when you talk to him,
is working on giggles, adores bathtime,
loves his big bro and is very easy going and happy.
on another note...
Being a nurse and a mom did not work out well for me yesterday.
I had my first REAL mom freakout.
Charlie got one immunization at the doctor's office during
his checkup (they were out of the others).
We came home, he ate and went to bed as usual.
He woke up screaming (which he never does)
so I got him out of bed and tried to feed him.
He was not havin' it.
He screamed and screamed so I stripped him down to look
at his poke and his thigh was hot and bright red from knee
to groin and when I touched it he literally went through the roof.
Completely inconsolable.
I knew he had flesh eating bacteria...
I even outlined his redness (his whole thigh) with a sharpie
(nursing friends you know what i'm talking about).
I called the doctor (who of course didn't call back).
I called Chris (crying) and made him come home from work.
I called my mom to be on stand by to pick up Will.
I was on my way to pack bags for the hospital
(yes, the hospital) when he fell asleep.
I kept his thigh exposed so I could see it and
it was completely fine within thirty minutes.
No redness.
No fever.
No crying.
No nothing.
No flesh eating bacteria.
He woke up perfectly happy and we went out to dinner.
And then the nurse called me back.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh man - I just sighed of relief while reading this. Charlie - you good boy. You even fight off your Mom's imagined flesh eating bacteria!

Heidi Bruch said...

OMG...I was holding my breath during that whole post. Love to hear even my nurse friend gets "mom-scared." He is as cute as a button and when he smiles, he is YOU!!! Love him - big boy...1 lb heaver than hayds at 6 months:-)...although I may have been starving her:-)