Sunday, January 24, 2010

happy dappy dude.


Charlie...
you are nothing but a delight.
I've never known a baby who smiled so freely.
Everyday I hear some stranger talking to you
or see them smiling at you or telling me you
made their day because they looked up
and you were grinning from ear to ear at them.
All we have to do to earn a smile or giggle is be close
enough for you to see us.
We turn around and those big eyes and long eyelashes
are turned up in happiness and you've got a huge
wide open-mouthed grin waiting for us.
I hope you feel such carefree happiness your whole life.

4 comments:

Liz said...

This is really honestly the sweetest thing I have ever heard and puts so well what all Moms wish for their kids. You said it, girl!

fiona westover said...

Oh, he is so cute. I do miss those baby smiles. They are so genuine.

Meg said...

He'd stop me in my tracks..that's for sure.

Heidi Bruch said...

God, I love this smiler - so happy and so glad I got to eat him up on Saturday - he is exactly how you describe him and more!