Sunday, January 24, 2010

shoot me, melt me

We've been missing because we have been in behavior
boot camp at our house.
Chris and I took Charlie to Palm Springs with
the Swansons 2 weekends ago.
Will stayed with his grandparents.
We had a great time.
He had a great time.
When we returned it was like he had been
raised by a pack of wild animals. Really.
There was a tantrum at least every hour.
Countless time-outs.
Hitting, kicking, flailing, screaming, smart-mouthing, etc.
He made us regret going really quickly.
Not really...but I did say to Chris after
he got home from work the 1st day
(with tears in my eyes)
"It wasn't worth it."
I finally feel like we are back to baseline.
He can still be pretty naughty but he turned
to a crying Charlie in the car today and said
"don't cry Char...it's ok because i love you.
don't worry, I not going to hit you or kick you...
mom, I think he is hungry...
can I use these nipples for him (pointing to his chest)"

3 comments:

Jordan K. Foster said...

"When we returned it was like he had been raised by a pack of wild animals. Really."

Hmmmm... I guess that begs the question - 'who did you leave him with while you were away?'

fiona westover said...

I love how he feels guilty for making Charlie cry. It just means he has a conscience. He's a good boy under all that wild animal fur. AND, he was even willing to nurse Charlie to help you out. SO funny. That good boy will be back again soon. Is Summer too far away?

Meg said...

The worse Will is the more I love him...is that wrong?