Tuesday, December 7, 2010

day 5

day 5
we drove up to the mountain
singing Christmas carols all the way
ventured deep into the woods
the kids happily walked for hours
found the perfect tree
will and chris excitedly cut it down
we loaded it onto the top of our car.
and peacefully drove home.

yeah right.

we actually drove 5 minutes to Home Depot
were inside maybe 5 more minutes
paid $32.97
chucked the tree
on top of the minivan
and raced home.
our family tradition is fast, cheap
and over before anyone can complain.
hmmm.

i do love the tree.
we decorated when we got home
i like our house so much better decorated.
Will loved the snacks
and Char loved chucking the glass balls on the floor
and shattering them.
he was saying ba (ball)
(see the word forming on his lips?)
as he did it so how could we deny him?
the dude has to learn to talk.

anyway...my favorite little houses
from last year




and my favorite new decorations.

and our extremely top heavy finished tree.

last but not least

our example of why preschool teachers

go to heaven.

they take time out of their life

to put together stuff like this.

thank you Mrs. S and Mrs. W???

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm dying over that tree topper right now.

Meg said...

What are you wearing in the xmas tree decorating picture (I certainly hope it is you I am offending and not a nice family memeber)??? Is this your Home Depot outfit? ANd thanks for telling me the truth about the tree...I was starting to get a complex that HD is where we end up every year, although we always have grand plans to head somewhere special and festive. Xmas looks fun at your house...no surprise:).

malia said...

meg. That terrible dresser is Chris. Maybe I should be offended that you think I'm him or that I would wear that horrible outfit, tall socks and flip flops?, even to Home Depot. I'm sure I was dressed in something festive and cute. Feeling sassy yet?

katy said...

Laughing that Meg thought that Chris was you. I think it's the profile...but still funny. And the tree topper...that is the most hilarious thing ever. Love it! (Oh, and your day sounds like ours. Hooray for pre cut trees!)