Thursday, March 10, 2011

Remember the sears catalog?


I don't think I ever got one all to myself as a kid
but I worshipped the one my next door neighbor had.
I think I remember borrowing it and making a deal
with Santa or god or whoever was in charge "out there"
that if I could just have one myself I wouldn't need any presents.
I think I also "knew" that it was ok to make that deal
about no presents because I "knew" that whatever
got circled in the catalog would be all mine.
Cause thats how it works, right?
Well, our little friend is now obsessed with Playmobil.
He got a Playmobil catalog in his hot little hands last weekend
and has fallen asleep with happy little fantasies about
owning all those $200 castles and boats and fighting a
pirate/knight/dragon war right there in his room.

No comments: