Sunday, July 31, 2011

8 is great.

Our 8 year anniversary is on Tuesday.
Fun, right?
We've been together since we were 15.
We've experienced most of life together.
At this point we've had more years together than apart.
We've had our bumpy patches.
But I wouldn't trade him for anything.
And not just because he surprised me Friday after work
with a night without kids in Seattle.
Not just a night but a day and a night and a morning
to ourselves!
It was heaven.
We walked, we talked, we enjoyed the quiet.
We laughed, we ate, we caught up with friends.
We ate Molly Moon's, we tried to sleep in and
we ended our vacation with our fav breakfast at 5 Spot.
Did I say it was heaven?


I appreciate you.
I appreciate your hard work.
I appreciate your love for our dudes.
I appreciate our love of all food that we shouldn't eat.
I appreciate your patience with my crazy tendencies.
I appreciate your love of all things fun.
I appreciate your enthusiasm for all things that make me happy.
I appreciate your compliments.
I appreciate that you always say you married up
when I think it's the other way around.
I appreciate our past.
I appreciate our future.
I appreciate you.
Here's to 80 more!
xoxo.

3 comments:

Heidi Bruch said...

What a fun surprise it was to see you guys. You are two love birds are great. Fun to celebrate our marriages together. Funny how these unexpected nights are so w compared to pre-kids. Just makes us appreciate them more. Muah!

Heidi Bruch said...

That would be so "few" not "w"

katy said...

cute cute cute! congrats!