Tuesday, November 11, 2008

obsessed

"I wish I liked anything as much as my kids like bubbles!"
-Pete to Ben Stone in Knocked Up
One thing I love about kids is that they
can have ten or twenty obsessions going all at once.
For some reason it feels like I have to save the
word obsession, when I am refering to myself, for
those rare new loves that hang around for quite a
while. With kids they seem to have a new obsession
every day and the new rarely take the place of
the old. They are just added to the list.
The first thing I want to hear about when I talk to my
friends is is what their kids new obsessions are.
It conveys such love of and excitement for "stuff"
that we often take for granted.
Will's obsessions this week are basketball,
saying "hey, dude" and trains that say "choo, choooo"
he loves watching the big guys shoot hoops at the Y

he has somehow learned that you are supposed
jump when you shoot so he now concentrates more
on jumping than actually shooting.


slam dunk...white men can't jump!


"D"ing up Bompa


bring it on, old man!

Here's to a lifetime of entertaining ourselves with our kids "new" obsessions.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love Will's basketball outfit:)