Thursday, February 11, 2010

valentine's payback

When I was a kid I cried every Valentine's day
when my mom made me make my Valentines
with doilies and red construction paper
instead of buying the cool ones at the store.
You know what they say about payback...
He thought it was pretty fun and I think they're pretty cute.
We'll see what he thinks a few years from now.
Charlie helped by cleaning up the leftover paper
His conversation on the way home from school
(while he was looking through his bag of cards
and eating his conversation hearts)
Will: "Char...these tandies are a yittle bit fi-sthy (spicy)
They are not for you cause they're too fi-sthy,
they're only for big boys and daddies.
These tandies are medicine for makin' big kids happy...
but not for me tause I'm too busy."
hmmm...
(and for the record, he came home with a big white paper heart
with his red painted handprints on it, front and center)

No comments: