Saturday, June 26, 2010

splash.

Will, Charlie and I braved the splash park up the street yesterday.
Normally it is full of slightly trashy, slightly too big and old,
slightly not enough clothes on their mamas, slightly too little supervision,
slightly too little swim suit covering up their bums, kids.
Yesterday wasn't so bad and there were only about ten of us.
Will had a B-L-A-S-T.
Since the sun never even poked out he kept coming back
to me saying "mama, my chin is bouncin'!"
SO much fun.
Then it was time to leave.
An hour and a half past both of their naptimes.
Sob city. Scream city. Tantrum city.
Then he realized he HAD nicked his big toe
when he fell down the third time.
And "it hurts Wiiiiiilly (really)bad." sob, sob, sob.
"mama, I broke-ded my fuuuuuut (foot)" sob, sob, sob.
"It hurts wiiiiillly, wiiiiillly bad"....on and on, forever.

Then this morning after putting on his shoes,
he remembered that big toe.
And it was like it had just happened.
Sobbing hysterically.
"mama, it hurts WILLY, willlllly, bad."
"I need the medicine to make it feel better."
"I need some ban-bains (band-aids) and medicine."
"mama, I broke-ded my fuuuuuut."
"I need daaaaaddy. Why isn't daaaaaddy comin' home?"
(chris is golfing for the weekend)
Seriously, I hope your dad is coming home soon
because you must have inherited this wimp gene from him.

Maybe you'll play World Cup soccer...
you've got the drama when you fall part down.

1 comment:

fiona westover said...

I love Will's words, and that his chin "was bouncin" with the cold.