Wednesday, October 14, 2009

the best deal ever...really.

So I found this cute little Splendid shirt at Marshall's last week.
It was on the rack all by it's lonesome begging for me to take it home.
I looked for a price tag and couldn't find one.
It didn't have a tag on the neck either (it was ripped off).
But you can just tell it's Splendid (they're so, so soft).
I took it to the counter to ask how much it was.
The girl ringing me up took it to her manager.
They had no idea what it was.
The girl came back and said...
"we don't know what to do and we aren't even sure
it is ours...so you can just have it."
What?
Sometimes I love living really close to trashy little
parts of the state where parents don't know how to
distinguish cheap junk clothes from $40 fancy brands.
Actually, they probably do but choose to buy the junk anyway,
not necessarily because it's cheaper (we're shopping at Marshall's)
but because they like it better.
Poor kids.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Love this story. This is why you are my friend. Renee and Janie and my Mom would be SO proud.

Anonymous said...

Love it!
Splendid for free - What a steal!

fiona westover said...

Nuh uh, no way, LUCKY! Ok, I totally spotted that as a Splendid tee from the photos of him in it a few posts back. I really envied him having it and thought you must be a really ritzy mom. The perfect irony is that is was from Marshall's.

Heidi Bruch said...

This is so awesome...they didn't even say $1.99, just free?!!! LOVE IT!