Sunday, October 25, 2009

warning...

Chris went to the Husky game Saturday and stayed
up in Seattle so I took the boys on a date to see
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
Will was so excited to go to the theatre.
When we got there I figured out it was in 3D.
Could be a problem I thought...but we'll try it.
We head in, take our seat and hand out the glasses.
Will puts the glasses on (success!).
I hand him popcorn and the gummy worms he
picked out hours earlier and had been talking
about ALL day.
Happy kid.
Then the previews start.
I look over at him...frozen.
I turn to watch as the music gets REALLY loud
and scary and then ghosts start literally
jumping out at us (in 3D, remember).
I realize the preview is for the new "Scrooge"
Jim Carrey movie and as I realize this
Will lets out the loudest, saddest screech/cry.
And throws his glasses.
He is frozen in fear. Seriously.
I pick him up and he is shaking. Seriously.
Never actually seen anyone shaking in fear.
I convinced him to turn his head and wait for
the "meatball" movie to start but he never recovered.
We left and I got my $13 back.
(I didn't have to pay for Will or Charlie...
$13 just for me. Is that normal?)
We instead went to the movie store,
rented Robots for $.99 for the 5th time,
cuddled on the couch at home and
ate popcorn and gummy worms.
Why would anyone think it was a good idea to
make a preview scary to kids?
Crazy thought but it probably isn't going to
make them beg to see it.
The 45 seconds I saw of the actual
"Meatball" movie was really sweet.
I recommend seeing it.
Please just show up 15 minutes after the
theatre's start time so you miss the insane preview.
And don't take your little kids to see "A Christmas Carol".
It's (really) scary.

3 comments:

katy said...

Oh bummer! So sad when stuff like that screws up perfect plans. Sounds like you made the best of it.

Sarah said...

Good thing I didnt end up sending Michael with you...you would have had two shaking kids! At least you guys got some good snacks out of it!

Heidi Bruch said...

Sad and such a cute memory at the same time. You are such a fun mommy! xoxo