Wednesday, September 9, 2009

labor & delivery update

We have been at the hospital since 7:00am. Malia is getting great care from the nurses and staff. I am becoming reacquainted with my chair/bed. Malia is on a steady diet of Pitocin and ice chips. At the last check she was about 5cm dialated and 90% effaced. Contractions are becoming more intense and she is looking forward to her epidural after lunch. Things seem to be moving much quicker this time. If we are lucky that means an eight hour labor instead of twenty.

6 comments:

bugbeefamily said...

yeah! hang in there Malia. You can do it! Keep us updated!

... said...

baby time!

Liz said...

Chris - I am so totally proud of you! People are definitely calling me for updates, so I will share this. Good news I think, and am looking forward to that epidural for her! Keep up the good work Dadio!

fiona westover said...

I have chills! This is awesome.

Sarah said...

Chris- You are such a little blogger now:) Thanks for the updates and good luck today!

Heidi Bruch said...

SO FREAKING EXCITED! Come on Charlie! xoxo