Saturday, September 12, 2009

party's at our house

We've been busy...

learning to play the harmonica
and playing and playing and playing...
(Thanks, Jordan and Lisa. We'll be sending him to
your house soon to practice for his recital)

bringing Char-yee home
not wanting Char-yee to be too close
to thinking it's ok as long as a game is involved
such as find the hidden hand...
and finally whispering all of the family secrets to the little guy

giving first baths and taking more embarrassing pics
(he'd like you to know that second chin is just the angle of the camera)


watching the dawgs win their first game

snoozing the day away while Will runs crazy circles
around the house and makes an insane amount of noise
hanging out with family and friends
and falling head over heels for our new little family member.
Will has really been great.
He's hyper and tired and clingy to mom but
I think that is to be expected.
He is much happier about the situation now that
we are out of the hospital.
He was gone when we got home from the hospital and
when I went outside to meet him when he got dropped off
the first thing he said was "where's Char-yee?"
(with a huge grin on his face)
He came in, got right in Charlie's face and said
"Char-yee to yittle to hit da chub?"
(charlie to little to hit the golf club?)
He has been nothing but sweet and attentive to him.
So thankful for that.
Charlie has been very easy so far.
He is a great eater and has several sweet,
wide awake periods a day.
He made his first trip to starbucks this morning for a scone,
spent the day sleeping in the sun for his jaundice
and gets cuter by the minute.
Chris has been the very best...
really taking care of me and
just knowing all the right things to do.
I feel so content and happy.
Loving our new crazy little life.

3 comments:

fiona westover said...

This is my favorite blog post to date. I question if the angle of the camera is to blame for the double chin. What is to blame for those chubby cheeks? I love them. Looks like Will is taking well to him. I particularly like the photo of Will trying not to let Charlie touch him.
Thanks for taking some time to put up the photos.
Hope you are well.
Oh, and really love. the golf club statement. Will is l.etting Charlie know his place as the younger bro.

Heidi Bruch said...

Love this family of yours, too...love the post. Can't wait to get my hands and Charlie again. xo

Liz said...

Ohhhh, can I come over now...it's only 9PM at night? I need to see him again. Just kidding, I'll be there at 6AM tomorrow, kidding again...but I will see you tomorrow!